That’s the question asked by researchers compiling the latest Midas survey published by Rajar. Now, more than ever before, radio lives beyond the radio set and this research offers some additional insight into all radio and non-radio, audio listening.
Top line findings are:
- Live radio accounts for 84% of all in-car listening compared to 12% for on-demand music services.
- We spend nearly 26 hours each week with audio content.
- Live radio accounts for 74% share of all audio consumption.
- Catch up services account for 15% of weekly radio listening.
- 38% of audio listening is on devices other than radio sets with PC/laptops accounting for 11% and smartphones 8%.
Listening on FM or AM is still the most popular way to listen to live radio at 47%, with DAB Radio next at 35%.
But what of the future? More personalised audio advertising? The two major radio groups Global and Bauer already offer listeners the opportunity to be served personalised advertisements on Capital Xtra and Absolute Radio. In addition, Bauer have just extended their service to the Kiss Network, Kerrang!, Heat Radio and Planet Rock.
There’s a whole range of options available to radio advertisers with an ever expanding variety of platforms.
Radio Experts can help brands navigate this complex array of opportunities and pin-point the perfect solutions Call us on 0203 588 3000 or visit our site to read more about our radio advertising